Location – Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary – £18,000-£20,000
Job Type -12-month contract with a view to becoming permanent
Benefits -33 days holiday (including bank holidays), staff training, flexible working
As the first point of contact for our varied client base you would play an essential role as an ambassador
for Rocksalt. Working closely with other members of your team you would log details of client support
needs, analyse problems, and help see the client through the delivery and implementation of a bespoke
support solution. Benefits include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), staff training and flexible
Who should apply?
We are looking for someone who is a pleasure to work with and who takes our clients’ needs to heart.
This person should be conscientious, able to think on their feet, keen to learn and striving to work their best at every task in hand. They should also have at least some knowledge of a variety of IT systems,
whether through formal training or practical experience of working in a customer-facing IT role.
Since Rocksalt began in 2003, our steadily growing team has worked hard to build a quality business,
providing friendly, expert IT services to numerous clients in Greater Manchester and beyond. Whether
working from home or based in our town centre offices, we pride ourselves on offering clients a personal
service and frequently go the extra mile to meet their IT needs. There is now an opportunity for a
talented, technically minded individual to join our team, tackling the interesting challenges which IT
support brings. We encourage our staff to take an active role in developing their knowledge and skills and
provide progression and development opportunities.
- Answering support calls from clients
- Responding to support requests by email
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure for both ourselves and our clients.
- Seeking support from more experienced team members in dealing with more complex issues.
- Working with your team to provide a comprehensive IT support service, recommending, costing, planning and installing new equipment both on site and remotely.
- Monitoring hardware for potential faults and dealing with any issues that arise.
- Communicating with, updating and supporting other team members.
- Providing feedback and liaising with managers and clients, keeping them updated with the progress of work relevant to them.
- Thoroughly documenting all aspects of work undertaken along with guides, instructions and
- FAQs for others to follow.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Personal Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the IT sector
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites
- Good written and verbal communication
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Intuitive and proactive work ethic
- Technical Skills and Experience:
- Basic PC hardware knowledge
- Working knowledge of common software packages used in Microsoft Office and Office
- Office 365
- Set up of email.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Technical Skills and Experience:
- Windows servers
- Working knowledge of Sage, Xero and AutoCAD
- Virtual environments, HyperV / VMware
- Active Directory configuration
- MS Exchange
- Firewall configuration
- Advanced networking
- VOIP Systems
- Cloud back-up
- Good understanding of cyber security
Please send your current CV to email@example.com.
Closing date 14/11/21.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org