Location – Greater Manchester
Hours – Full-time
Salary – £26,000 – £27,000 (dependant on qualifications held)
At Groundwork Greater Manchester, we are establishing new programmes of learning to support unemployed adults to get started in a career in construction connected with property retrofitting. We are developing programmes open to all learners in the community as well as provision for serving prisoners, the post holder will form part of the delivery team for this work. The post holder will initially be involved in delivering an 18 month pilot programme called ‘Green Start’ based in HMP Forest Bank in Salford. This is a new training and employability programme aimed at helping offenders thrive in the ‘green skills’ job market – particularly within construction and land based sectors – following their release from custody. Working in HMP Forest Bank the post holder will develop and deliver a mixture of practical workshop, group learning and classroom based activities for small cohorts of prisoners over a 6-week training period, focusing on:
- Basic construction skills
- Carbon literacy and green skills
- Work skills
Working with the Adult Employment & Skills Team Manager the post holder will work with course graduates to get them ready to access job opportunities following their release from custody.
Main purpose of the post
- To develop and deliver a modular package of training to cohorts of prisoners in HMP Forest Bank to help them prepare for securing jobs on release in the construction and land based sectors.
- To deliver a mixed curriculum of classroom based and practical construction skills development sessions including a focus on carbon literacy and green skills development
- To recruit course participants from within the prison, conduct initial assessments and develop individual learning plans for each person.
- Conduct regular reviews and 121 support for each person focused on enabling them to progress into employment on release from custody.
- To work collaboratively with the ‘employer facing’ Adult Employment & Skills Team Manager and prison and probation staff to support a successful transition into life and work for each course graduate.
- To support the development and delivery of similar programmes of learning as a successor to Green Start, either prison or community based in Greater Manchester.
- Construction Skills Tutor – Job Description
- Groundwork GM – Personal Information
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
How to Apply
To apply or to request further details, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why meet the requirements of this post to our recruitment partner Robert Ward at Search for Good (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 5pm on 16th July 2021. Please title your email ‘Construction Skills Tutor’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com