Location – Oldham and Surrounding Area
Hours – Shifts
Salary – £7.90 to £11.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Fulbridge Social Care are recruiting for a team of Trainee Children and Young People Support Workers to join our experienced team to work in Children’s Residential Care Homes, Educational settings and Independent living accommodation units to work numerous shift patterns in Oldham and surrounding areas.
We are in a unique position where we can take on individuals that might not necessarily have the relevant qualifications and experience needed, however have had essential life experiences in which could contribute to shaping and creating a positive future for young people. As we have a dedicated training team that train and support inexperienced candidates, we are able to build on your current life skills and mould you into successful and creative youth workers who are aiming to act as positive role models for the youth of today.
You will be working with young people aged 11 to 18 who have been placed into the care system for various reasons and may have an array of disorders, behaviours and needs. Therefore we require individuals who have the confidence, understanding, patience and skill set to successfully work with these young people and make a positive impact on their lives.
This position involves providing guidance, interaction and support to children and young with the intention of creating a safe environment that caters for a young person’s intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
Full training and qualifications including Team Teach, Child Protection, Understanding Sexualised Behaviour, Working with Self Harm, Understanding Autism will be offered to successful candidates.
The hours of work are 24 hour round the clock care. The average day shift is 8am until 11pm, But we do offer sleeping and waking night shifts.
Please note that you would be required to complete an enhanced DBS at a cost of £57 unless you are on the new national DBS database. International checks might also be required as part of compliance if you have lived or worked for an extensive period abroad.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Creating a safe and positive living environment
• Teaching basic life skills and living skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking and cleaning
• Setting rules and boundaries for young people’s behaviour
• Interacting and taking part in social activities
• Providing support and guidance
• Helping young people to deal with problems and become independent
• Liaising with social workers, nurses, police, teachers and other multi agencies.
• Keeping accurate records and writes reports.
• Having excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
• Working in a team and also alone when needed
Qualifications and Skills
• All positions hold a minimum age requirement of 21 in accordance to national minimum standards.
• A driving licence is also essential as some settings require staff to take young people to social or educational trips in the company vehicle.
• Weekly pay
• Full training provided
• Additional sleep pay of £62.64 per night
Candidates can apply by forwarding an updated CV or completing an online application via our website.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiter5@fulbridgesocialcare.co.uk