Location: Greater Manchester Area (based in Oldham)
Hours: 36 hours 40 minutes
Salary: £19,387 to £23,545 per annum
Groundwork is delivering a range of learning programmes to unemployed individuals aged 16 and over, in order to provide them with new skills, qualifications and improve their chances of sustainable employment. Our funding is from subcontracts with colleges / training providers as well as a direct Adult Education Budget contract with the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
The Functional Skills Tutor will assess, tutor and support learners to progress, develop and achieve the appropriate level in functional skills mathematics and English. A key part of the role is working with the delivery teams to embed functional skills into the day to day support of learners.
1. Create lesson plans and schemes of work to deliver timetabled rolling provision.
2. Conduct initial and diagnostic assessments which inform the skills needs analysis and Individual Learning Plan for learners.
3. Deliver Functional Skills Mathematics and English sessions which are relevant to the learner needs.
4. Complete course documentation in a high quality, compliant and timely manner.
5. Mark students’ work promptly and accurately.
6. Provide regular feedback to learners and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their programme.
7. Work closely with other members of Groundwork to share the needs and aspirations of learners.
8. Develop learner centred teaching and training strategies which contribute to the retention, progression and achievement of learners.
9. Deliver the service with high levels of learner satisfaction and to Groundwork’s quality standards.
10. Follow rigorously all processes relating to qualifications and examinations including registration and submissions to external validating bodies.
11. Be an active member of the Cross Trust skills delivery teams, contributing to the development of integrated learning programmes.
12. Maintain the confidentiality of information about customers, staff and other Trust business.
13. Establish and strengthen partnerships with relevant agencies.
14. Represent the Trust at internal and external meetings, as agreed by the line manager
How to Apply: Complete the following Application Form and email it to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org