Location: Church House, 90 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2GH
Salary: £120 per day
Hours: 2 days per week
The Greater Manchester Living Wage Campaign is a coalition of people and organisations who want to make Greater Manchester a Real Living Wage Zone; to challenge low pay; to put Living Wage policy and a culture of social equality at the heart of how Greater Manchester works.
- Overseeing the delivery of the Greater Manchester Living Wage Campaign.
- Running four Greater Manchester Living Wage Campaign meetings, supporting participants to advocate for the Real Living Wage where they are, and planning campaign activities.
- Delivering Living Wage Week activities in November, working in partnership with the Living Wage Foundation, GM Citizens, and other good employment advocates.
- Engaging local authorities and other anchor institutions to encourage them to become accredited Real Living Wage employers.
- Delivering campaign actions to pressure large employers in low-paying sectors to pay the Real Living Wage.
- Signposting employers and others to the Living Wage Foundation for accreditation as and when necessary.
- Engaging the media, and running the Campaign’s social media accounts
- Reporting on the Campaign’s activities to funders.
- Working closely with the directors of Greater Manchester Poverty Action.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders such as trade unions.
- Identifying long-term funding opportunities, and exploring the possibility of developing the campaign into a broader project on good employment
- Attending other good employment-related meetings to ensure a joined-up approach to the issue across Greater Manchester.
- Writing and sourcing regular news articles for the Greater Manchester Poverty Action newsletter.
- Maintaining the Campaign’s database.
- Any other actions necessary for the promotion of the Living Wage, the Campaign, and Greater Manchester Poverty Action’s good employment work.
Find out more about the role here: www.gmpovertyaction.org/gm-living-wage-campaign-coordinator/
How to Apply: Complete the following job application and email it to email@example.com along with your CV: Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org