Location – Kirklees
Hours – Full-time
Salary – TBD
Kirklees Catering Service provides high quality catering services to schools throughout our business portfolio.
As a High School Cook, you will ensure that a high quality, customer focused catering service is delivered to pupils, staff and visitors to the school. In addition to providing the service on a day to day basis, you will be involved in providing theme days and other events to promote and develop the service.
You will have a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or ability to attain and will prepare and produce meals for a minimum of 200 customers daily. Knowledge and understanding or the ability to attain of Food Safety and Food Allergy legislation are essential to this role. Administrative skills to record information on Cypad Kitchen Manager (software used within our kitchens) and the experience of supervising staff.
You will be working Monday to Friday between the hours of 6:30am and 2:30pm approximately.
The main purpose of this role is to prepare, cook and present; in excess of 200 main meals and sweet items in our busy school kitchens. It is essential that meals are presented to the highest standards and delivery deadlines are achieved.
- To carry out cash handling duties and assist with the end of day paperwork and banking.
- To carry out or assist the Manager with all relevant paperwork.
- To undertake the duties of the Catering Manager in their absence including all paperwork.
- To work as part of a team that works hard to maintain high standards of cleanliness in the kitchen and dining room.
- Help to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our service, being friendly and helpful at all times and dealing with any complaints raised by customers.
- To work flexibly with the Manager to ensure smooth service delivery and high standards of food safety and health and safety are maintained at all times.
- Appropriate uniform must be worn which is provided.
- Observing all relevant Service and Council policies and taking part in training activities to support the development of yourself and the team.
This is a physically demanding job which involves heavy lifting and long periods of standing in a hot, fast paced environment.
How to Apply – Follow the link to Apply Online
For more information about this job please contact Beverly Swift on 07973 666335
07 April 2021, 11:55 PM