Location – Oldham
Hours – 8:20am – 3:30pm
Salary – TBD
NOW Education are acting as the recruitment partner for an ‘Outstanding’ high school based in Oldham.
About the School.The school is a high performing, oversubscribed and ambitious secondary school. The school is proud of its students and has high expectations for them both inside and outside of the classroom.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the school on a full-time basis. The role commences immediately and is for one term. This role is to support a male pupil with SEND.
- Works closely with teachers and the SENCo, to ensure that the pupil is supported in all aspects of his school day
- Develop an understanding of and provide for the pupils ‘specific personal needs to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Promote the general success, progress and achievement of the pupil and report any concerns to the SENCo or relevant teacher.
- Develop a range of strategies to engage the pupil.
- Promote and reinforce pupils self-esteem, appropriate learning behaviour and levels of effort.
- Create and modify resources with their learning and development.
- Assist generally with classroom and student management.
- Work with individuals on agreed tasks
Location & commitments
- Immediate start
- Hours are typically 08.20am until 3.30pm
- The school is based in Oldham
- Experience of supporting male pupils and being a positive role model
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant, Support Worker or
- Learning Support
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate students to reach set targets
- Supportive, positive and non-judgemental attitude
- Be flexible and very responsive in approach to teaching styles and methods
- Be able to respond effectively to the pupils individual needs
Application is by covering letter and CV by emailing email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org