RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERS
Duties include supporting young people in line with individual care plans, meeting physical, emotional, behavioral, cultural and educational needs, acting as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential. Other duties include:
· Assisting and encouraging young people to engage in everyday home, social and leisure activities
· Completing daily tasks within the home including budgeting, domestic duties.
· Supporting young people with their health needs as required including the administration of medication, peg feeding, moving and handling
· Providing full personal care
· Keeping accurate and up to date records
· Working positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals
· Participating in learning and development opportunities as required.
The pay rate is:
£10.55 per hour – £11.15 per hour (dependant on qualification)
We currently offer 25, 30 and 39 hours per week permanent contracts. The role involves shift work (including earliest, days, lates, weekends and sleep in shifts).
The Company Head Office is based in Shawforth, Lancashire but our service operates across the areas of Oldham, Rochdale & Rossendale
To be considered for this role you will need:
· Experience of working in a care setting
· A passion for care
· The ability to work with young people
· Ability to support people with additional and complex needs and severe challenging behaviour is essential
· A flexible approach to work and a ‘can do attitude’
· Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
· A full UK valid driving license
· We offer a competitive rate of pay
· 28 days annual leave increasing to 33 days
· Ongoing training and development
· Excellent support network and regular supervisions
· Working for an Autism Accredited service with high standards
· Welcoming work environment in homes that are maintained to a high standard
· Casual dress code
Please note that successful candidates will be required to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare if this qualification or an equivalent is not already held, on successful completion of a probation period.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory reference checks, DBS Enhanced Disclosure checks, evidence of essential qualifications (if applicable) and Right to Work checks.
For further details or to request and application pack please contact us on telephone number: 01706 853487 or email: email@example.com.
All current vacancies can be found on our website at www.lifetimeopportunities.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lifetime Opportunities
We provide residential childcare services, supporting children and young people with learning disabilities, autism, additional and complex needs and associated challenging behaviours. We pride ourselves on providing high standards of care and hold the Autism Accreditation from the National Autistic Society.
We offer a competitive hourly rate of pay and the opportunity to complete a level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare (If you do not already hold this qualification or an equivalent). You will have a thorough induction into your role and receive regular training throughout your employment. You will be fully supported by our team of experienced Managers and work in homes that are maintained to a high standard. As a growing and developing service, this is an exciting time to join our team with opportunities for career progression.