ASSISTANT HOME MANAGER
The Role: As an Assistant Home Manager you will support and assist the Registered Manager of the home with the day to day management. You will safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, providing high standards of care and support which meet the physical, emotional, behavioural, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people and ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with regulation and the quality standards. You will be an excellent practitioner, working on the rota alongside the staff team, leading by example, ensuring that the children and young people’s needs are met and are central to all management activities of the home. You will also support the Registered Manager to establish and maintain a competent, motivated and confident staff team and offer managerial direction and guidance.
The pay rate is: £26,364 per annum (basic)
Contracted Hours: 39 hour per week (basic). (Plus Sleeps and on calls duties)
The role involves shift work (including earlies, days, lates, weekends and sleep in shifts).
The Company Head Office is based in Shawforth, Lancashire but our service operates across the areas of Oldham, Rochdale & Rossendale
To be considered for this role you will need:
· Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent is essential
· Experience of working in a care setting supporting children & young people
· Experience of supporting people with a learning disability/ autism
· Experience of supporting people in a residential setting
· Proven supervisory/management experience in a care setting
· Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
· Clear and effective communication
· A flexible approach
· A full UK driving license is required
· We offer a competitive rate of pay
· 28 days annual leave increasing to 33 days
· Ongoing training and development
· Excellent support network and regular supervisions
· Working for an National Autistic Society Accredited service
· Welcoming work environment in homes that are maintained to a high standard
· Casual dress code
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory reference checks, DBS Enhanced Disclosure checks, evidence of essential qualifications (if applicable) and Right to Work checks.
For further details or to request and application pack please contact us on telephone number: 01706 853487 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All current vacancies can be found on our website at www.lifetimeopportunities.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Lifetime Opportunities
We provide residential childcare services, supporting children and young people with learning disabilities, autism, additional and complex needs and associated challenging behaviours. We pride ourselves on providing high standards of care and hold the Autism Accreditation from the National Autistic Society.