Location: Greater Manchester Area
Hours: 36 hours 40 minutes
Salary: £16,015 to £19,387 per annum
Reporting to the Prince’s Trust Senior Team Leader, the Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader will provide support to the Team Leader. This will involve recruiting young people and delivering activities to engage and support these young people.
This role requires an enthusiastic and talented youth worker, who is able to engage, inspire, train and lead young people with the ultimate aim of progressing them into a positive destination on completion of the Prince’s Trust programme.
Young Person’s Journey
- Recruitment of a diverse team of volunteers. This will involve liaising with key referral, employment and youth organisations.
- Provide IAG support to the young people.
- Support the Team Leader with the learner induction paperwork, initial assessments, action plans and target setting.
- Help facilitate learners through relevant qualifications, ensuring appropriate opportunities are planned to demonstrate competence and help the volunteers to collect and organise evidence as required.
- Encourage young people to develop greater self-esteem and confidence helping reduce the risk of involvement in crime, anti-social behaviour and social exclusion.
- Provide wider support to the young people to build their life skills and readiness for employment and training.
- Help identify and develop relevant progression opportunities and work experience placements.
- Ensure the well-being and safety of young people on Groundwork youth programmes at all times and in line with Trust’s policies.
- Work with the Team Leader to set and enforce appropriate disciplinary procedures.
- Involve young people in local environmental improvement and citizenship projects through practical activities, education and training
Management and Quality Assurance
- Support with the evaluation of the delivery and use that to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that programmes are consistently delivered to the expected quality and learners are effectively supported to enable them to have the best chance to achieve the Prince’s Trust qualification and progress to a positive destination.
- Work with the Team Leader to develop relationships with key partners to ensure that an effective referral process is in place, learners are being provided with the support they require on programme and progression routes are in place.
- Work closely with other Prince’s Trust staff to help achieve the goals and targets of the section as a whole.
Management information and reporting
- Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that all paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend reviews, partnership meetings and internal meetings as required.
- Adhere to GDPR and data protection guideline
How to Apply: Complete the following Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com