Location – Ashton
Hours – Part-time, 3 days per week
Salary – TBD
NOW Education are acting as the recruitment partner for an ‘Outstanding’ Sixth Form College based in Tameside.
About The College
The College is a large sixth form welcoming students from a wide variety of backgrounds. They provide a wide range of A levels in addition to a number of BTEC courses. Their most recent OFSTEd inspection rated them ‘Outstanding’
About the role
We are looking for a Public Services Teacher for a part-time contract. This is 3 days per week. The role commences immediately until 22nd October. The college will be seeking to appoint on a permanent basis after this date. You will be encouraged to apply to provide continuity of learning.
- Employ a range of teaching and learning practices successfully
- Be responsive to innovations and changes in the teaching Public Services.
- Include numeracy and literacy in all teaching and learning practices
- Promote Equality and Diversity in all teaching and learning practices
- Promote the prevent agenda in all teaching and learning practices
- Produce schemes of work, learning plans and personal learning checklists as appropriate
- Set suitable learning targets and prepare learning programmes that achieve these
- Use appropriate assessment techniques to track student progress effectively and make best use of learner data to inform lesson planning
- Employ diagnostic test data in all lesson planning
- Organise and manage the classroom effectively
- Work with team members to ensure outstanding outcomes for learners
- Be enthusiastic, dynamic, committed and well organised
- Be flexible and prepared to contribute to the delivery of other L2, L3 and Level 4 courses.
Location & commitments
- Temporary contract commencing September 2021 until 22nd October 2021. You will be encouraged to apply for the permanent role
- Hours are typically 08.30am until 4.30pm
- The role is 3 days per week
- You will be required to attend meetings
- The college is based in Tameside
How to Apply – Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to Northwest@noweducation.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Northwest@noweducation.co.uk