Salary: £19,554 – £23,836
Hours: 37 hours per week
This job is temporary for up to 11 months from the date of appointment to cover the absence of the current post holder.
Kirklees Council has an excellent opportunity for somebody to join its dynamic Pest Control Team based at Flint Street, Fartown undertaking pest control identification and treatment for both its domestic and commercial customers.
Working closely with a wide range of Council departments including Environmental Health, the team are responsible for undertaking the Council’s statutory duty concerning pests and will involve the identification and eradication of such pests. The role requires working closely with our customers to help them solve their pest problems and to prevent the spread of disease.
The job will involve.
- Undertake the Council’s statutory duties for Pest Control.
- Undertake investigations to identify and eradicate insect and rodent infestations
- Undertake Drainage Investigations, using CCTV or other tests to detect defective drains, sewers, septic tanks or cesspools
- Update records accurately in line with procedures using IT software packages
- Prepare correspondence, and statutory notices
- Undertake compliance checks for works required under Notice, including overseeing works carried out by private contractors
- Liaise, as necessary, with internal and external departments/ agencies such as Housing Services, Highways and Yorkshire Water
- Participate in the standby systems for Pest Control and Environmental Health
If you would like to speak to someone about this role please call James Kaye on 07528-252196 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgProvide estimates/ quotations for annual pest control service contracts and individual treatments that are not set in the Councils fees and charges document