Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
Hours: Full Time
Our Production Department manufacture injection moulded components for a variety of markets including Medical, Automotive and Retail. Our products are made efficiently to a high standard using lean methodologies.
About the role
To undertake production changes, tool changes, troubleshooting and process optimisation. Ensuring that machines in your respective cell are operated to an acceptable standard and within the set target and costed cycle time.
This includes delivering the agreed manufacturing targets through clear communication of works order expectations, co-ordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures in line with agreements, policies and business derivatives. Ensuring we operate within a safe, clean, organised and efficient manner at all times.
• Ensuring that all work orders are met, and the production plan is achieved; taking ownership and accountability for cycle efficiency; cycle time conformance; scrap targets; material usage; changeovers; and downtime.
• Without compromising safety, carry out manufacturing changes (tool changes, type changes, colour changes, paperwork changes etc) as shown on the master production schedule in the set timescale given of 3 hours per production change.
• If a tool change is required 3 hrs from the end of your working shift, this must be completed in full. If a tool change is required < 3hrs, but >2hrs from the end of your working shift, this must be started and without compromising safety try to be completed within the remaining period of your working shift. If a tool change is required < 2hrs, but >1hr or less within your working shift, this must be started and handed over to the oncoming setter on the next shift and logged within the shift handover documentation.
• Ensure all robotics and grinders are in operation and closed looped recycling practices are adhered to where applicable in your area of work.
• Ensure your work areas are left in a safe, neat and tidy order with no consumables left in and around your work area or machinery.
• To collect and return all raw materials to designated collection/return locations, ensuring they are correctly sealed and labelled.
• To support the generation of SOP work instructions and adhere to these at all times. If any changes have to be made, it’s an element of your responsibility to actively report these and support, the sustainment of along with the up to date process.
• To return moulded tools to the correct storage location directly after use and ensure that machines are left in a tidy state, clear of tools and equipment.
• Undertake daily PPM cleaning exercises / programs on all machines, making sure that the work area is in a neat tidy and acceptable standard at all times.
• Ensure that spares and consumables for moulding and machines are stored within a neat, organised state and that stock quantities are maintained at all times.
• Excellent knowledge of injection moulding process and related materials and equipment
• Familiar with continuous improvement techniques to sustainable levels.
• Computer literate
• Able to work under pressure without supervision, in a quality and results driven environment
• Able to communicate effectively
• Process-focused & an understanding of continuous improvement
How to Apply: Send an up to date version of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com